July 14, 2008

Quilting Homework & Apple Dumplings

So I spent yesterday at Fiberologie from 11-3 with Katie finishing sewing my 9 blocks together. The store was closed but Karrie the store owner was nice enough to lend Katie the key & she came in as well. It was a little discouraging on the last cut of all the blocks because low and behold, the seems won't match up & theres no way to make them match up without doing a few correction sewing and re-sewing of the other pieces that were already sewn. Needless to say, I wish I had done some of that on one of the other cuts too, would have made my corners match up below. Above is one of my finished blocks prior to cutting and below is the picture cropped, showing with the finished block will look like. All the blocks are different fabrics on a different section. Should be pretty cool. I think I am going to go ahead and so at least 9 more blocks, since I have enough fabric to do 27 and then I can weed out some of my first blocks that were a little..uhh.."off"

********************

On to Desserts.........

I also made some AWESOME Apple Dumplings (quick recipe print), no photos though, that were the easiest things & the world and they turned out AMAZING, as Katie text me yesterday after I gave her the recipe & she went home & made them as well. You can find the recipe from The Pioneer Woman cooks (step by step w/photos). Oh my word, I halved the recipe & it makes 8 dumplings, which are enough for 4 people at 2 each & must be served with vanilla ice cream & eaten right out of the oven.

Next time, I will most likely quarter it again & get the 4 pack of crescent rolls for just 2 people so I don't waste. Katie saved hers in the fridge & is going to let me know the outcomeof being reheated but I don't think it will be very good. If you want a hot apple pie, this recipe is for you. I think I am going to try it with some bananas next time & someone said something about peaches & a little cream cheese. I think anything will be good. I will try bananas with a few caramel or chocolate pieces or maybe even no fruit & throw in one of those mini candy bars from halloween....YUM!! Make them & I swear you won't be disappointed. As we learned in the past from my meyer lemon loaf experience, I'm far from a baker..this thing was right up my alley!